Our current markets!!!
- Fresh cuts are sold to catering outlets (hotels, restaurants and fast foods),
- Crisps (Tasty Bits brand) sold through consumer retail outlets in major urban areas of Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru.
What we do:
- Process potatoes into fresh cuts for French fries, raw peeled, potato wedges and cubed potatoes for fast food restaurants
- Process potatoes into crisps for direct marketing to consumers through retail outlets
How we reach target markets:
- Through B2B marketing to restaurants and hotel chains
- Referrals and walk in customers
- Contracting supplier small scale and large scale farmers to grow and supply potatoes
- Providing extension support to small scale farmers to meet quality and volume specifications of the contracts
- Inbound logistics of potatoes from the farm to the store and factory
- Processing of potatoes into variety of fresh cuts for the markets
- Outbound logistics distributing processed product to the markets.
Value Proposition to suppliers and customers:
- Supplier farmers:
- Guaranteed market for their produce at competitive prices
- Support to farmers (mainly small scale) in sourcing for seed and credit for other inputs
- Extension support to small scale farmers to meet quality and volume requirement
- Supply of quality potato fresh cuts to restaurant
- Convenience from sourcing processing and managing waste
Consistency in supply and prices for restaurants